Friday, September 27, 2013

Message to The King of Amethysts

...from your Golden Queen.

May this missive find you in good health and good spirits.

You will:
Remove the tarnish from my eyes.
Ferment my bitter into sweetness.
Make love to my shadow and turn it to light.

Upon this, I shall take my seat at my throne and rule once more.






_________________________________________________________________________________

Today is
22 Niqalu, Shanatu 86
It is the 22nd day of the lunar month of Niqalu in the Ugaritic-Canaanite calendar. It has been 86 years since the rediscovery of the Canaanite city-state of Ugarit in modern-day Syria.

Image Notes
Photo of amethyst Roman cabochon by Clio20, used under Creative Commons License

1 comment:

  1. Reading this... almost like rooting through old musty papers in an attic and finding a love letter between two grandparents I never knew. Brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete